UnityPoint Health Occupational Therapist-Pediatric Therapy-West Des Moines in West Des Moines, Iowa
The occupational therapist is responsible for providing occupational therapy services to outpatients with occasional inpatients including assessment, treatment planning and implementation with related documentation.
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). o not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
Key Accountability: Patient Care
· Receives referrals, screens and/or evaluates to determine the need for patient intervention.
· Interprets evaluation findings and develops an appropriate treatment plan, including goal
· Carries out treatment plan and coordinates with patient, family, significant others and
care team. Monitors patient’s response and modifies treatment to achieve goals.
· Documents the results of patient’s assessment, treatment, follow-up and termination of services
· Develops appropriate home or community programming to maintain and enhance the performance of the patients in their own environment
· Reviews and analyzes quality appropriateness of the occupational therapy services delivered. Reports associated problems to supervisor as indicated.
· Understands and complies with billing and reimbursement procedures according to governmental and third party requirements. Follows through with accurate and ethical billing practices.
· Oversees Occupational Therapy students as assigned. According to licensure laws, is professionally accountable for overseeing delegated clinical skills of the COTA and Therapy Technician
· Accepts responsibility for maintaining and developing personal and professional skills and knowledge related to the work area assigned.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Graduate from an accredited occupational therapy program.
New Graduates Accepted.
Must read, write, speak and comprehend English.
Must be able to communicate effectively (written and orally) with people of diverse professional, educational and lifestyle backgrounds.
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Licensed or in the process of obtaining licensure to practice Occupational Therapy in the state of Iowa as defined in the Iowa Occupational Therapy Regulation and Practice Act.
Requisition ID: 2018-45815
Street: 6800 Lake Drive
Name: 3020 UnityPoint Health Des Moines
Name: Pediatric Rehab WDM- Meth
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.01
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: PRN days
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org