Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Facility City Posted Date
Corporate Office West Des Moines, IA 5/1/2013
Administrative Employment Office
Phone Number:515-224-4442 x1255
Address:1611 West Lakes Parkway
City/State:West Des Moines, IA
Care Initiatives Hospice, one of Iowa’s largest not-for-profit hospices, is now recruiting a Marketing Director to further improve access for patients and families seeking premier end-of-life care. Thisnewposition will be based in West Des Moines and will plan, develop, and implement marketing strategies for our six hospice locations in Iowa and will manage Community Representatives at each location. This position requires a strong communication, sales, marketing, public relations, and branding background.
Individual must be professional, enthusiastic, and work well independently. Ideal candidates will have strong communication skills, flexibility with travel, and experience in selling / marketing services vs selling / marketing products. Hospice experience is a plus!
Ensures establishment, implementation and evaluation of aggressive location-specific marketing plans primarily designed to meet the needs of professional partners in end-of-life care, and secondarily, broader community engagement.
Develops and tracks metrics related to the measurement of success in plans and strategies for all marketing activities.
Researches, develops, implements and evaluates brand/communication strategies, standards and practices, as well as key messages for selected target audiences.
Oversees the development and approval of copy for marketing materials (brochures, flat sheets, etc.) and other materials intended for broad distribution.
Works closely with web site and other electronic communication managers to ensure messaging is consistent with overall marketing and communication objectives.
Assists in the development of a Care Initiatives Hospice annual operating plan. Implements plans as agreed.
Ensures qualified, competent marketing liaisons (Community Representatives) are recruited, retained, developed and evaluated.
Leads, motivates, monitors and evaluates marketing staff according to organization priorities, policies and guidelines.
Works in cooperation with Team Directors and senior staff to identify community referral sources to target.
As appropriate, accompanies Community Representatives and other staff to complete marketing calls.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Functional literacy in English
- Must be insurable by Care Initiatives’ auto insurance carrier
- Must be able to present themselves in a professional manner
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Valid Iowa driver’s license
- A minimum of between 5 to 7 years experience in marketing of services, preferably healthcare
- A minimum of 3 years experience in supervising staff, preferably in geographic dispersion
- Knowledge of Microsoft office products
- Ability to coordinate a large number of tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Strong understanding of the business process
- Demonstrated organizational skills and able to function independently
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate a high level of activity under a variety of conditions and constraints
- Functional literacy in written and spoken English
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups or employees of the organization
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems in different situations and trouble-shoot problems that arise