Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
ACT is an independent, not-for-profit organization that provides a broad array of assessment, research, information, and program management solutions in the areas of education and workforce development. Each year, ACT serves millions of people in high schools, colleges, professional associations, businesses, and government agencies—nationally and internationally.
Learn more atact.org!
Function with general direction and within a team to design, analyze, unit test and implement software systems including custom developed software and commercial software integration.
Typical work-related activities include:
* Develop, enhance, and revise software solutions for various ACT products.
* Analyze system requirements and translate them into solution designs that incorporate commercial software and custom interfaces to implement a business process.
* Create and maintain unit test plans and quality control procedures.
* Configure and integrate commercial products to meet multiple business requirements.
* Author design documents following standard templates and design processes.
* Design software enhancements.
* Troubleshoot and repair software problems.
* Assist in systems analysis.
* Write code to implement new software design and programs.
* Provide maintenance, enhancements, and support of existing programs.
* Communicate efficiently and effectively with superiors regarding their program requirements, design and technical support.
* Review system test plans for accuracy and completeness.
* Assure quality configuration management of solution components.
* Maintain awareness of new technologies and techniques.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Systems, or a related field, and a minimum of 2 years of experience with Oracle RDBMS, PL/SQL, Java and XML is required. A working understanding of J2EE, Scrum and Agile software development is desired.
Starting salary commensurate with qualifications. Excellent benefits and work environment.
Completion of the ACTNational Career Readiness Certificateis recommended. Find atest sitenear you to register for the WorkKeys assessments. Finalists for this position will be subject to a pre-employment criminal background check as a condition of employment.
ACT is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in people and ideas. ACT participates inE-Verify. ACT's online position announcements are intended only to provide general descriptions of employment opportunities; none of the information provided for any position should be interpreted as a commitment by ACT to specific terms and conditions for employment.
Req ID2061- Posted01/22/2013-Midwest Region-Iowa City, Iowa-IT/Software Engineering-Fulltime-Regular-No Travel Required