Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Automation Technical Support Specialist (Level 2/3)
Job ID SO_DEL-0555937 Job type Full-time Regular
Work country USA Position type Professional
Work city Dubuque,IA Posted 08-Apr-2013
Travel No travel Job area IT & Telecommunications (non consulting)
Business group SO Delivery Job category IT Specialist
Business unit GeoSrvDelivery Job role Server Support Specialist
Job role skillset General
Commissionable/Sales-Incentive jobs only No
This position is located on site in Dubuque, IA. No remote work is available.
IBM's Dubuque Delivery Center in downtown Dubuque, Iowa is seeking Technical Support Specialists responsible to automate manual processes in order to reduce the time spent, without sacrificing the quality or accuracy of the result. This involves writing specifications, designing, building, testing, and implementing code based on requirements made with the customer.
Remote work is not available. Pager coverage and possible off shift coverage may be required.
Purpose: To add automation to current processes in order to reduce the time spent without sacrificing quality or accuracy of the result. This involves writing specifications, designing, building, testing, and implementing code based on requirements made by the customer.
Typical Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Learning the current process used to meet these requirements
• Breaking down the automation design into its simplest elements and translating this logic into a programming language
• Devising possible solutions to anticipated problems
• Working as part of a team to create and integrate specific solutions
• Testing the solutions developed to ensure that they meet the project's requirements
• Adapting the program to new requirements, as necessary
• Writing detailed documentation for the operation of the program
• Consulting manuals, periodicals and technical reports to learn new ways to develop programs and maintain existing skills and knowledge
• Effective communication with team members and clients
• Analytical ability to find and remove waste from tasks and processes
• Ability to succeed both in a team environment and on personal projects
• Organizational skills
• Keeping the entire picture in mind, not just the requirements you are given
• Programming knowledge to develop clear and clean code
* Associate's Degree/College Diploma
* English: Fluent
* Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology
* At least 1 year experience in Ruby or PHP
* At least 6 months experience in developing applications in Lotus Notes
* Certified in Web development
GTS-SO’s mission is to leverage IBM’s global scale and advanced technology to deliver standardized solutions that are more automated, repeatable and globally integrated. Through our strengthened global position, clients gain cost advantages, access to industry-leading skills and access to IBM's scale and overall flexibility. The Domestic Delivery Center in Dubuque, IA is focused on increasing GTS-SO delivery quality. Global Technology Services (GTS) brings together all of IBM's service delivery capabilities for Strategic Outsourcing.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.