Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Business Intelligence Data Architect & Manager
Architects, envision, develop and support strategic operational business intelligence to provide the right information to the right people at the right time. The Business Intelligence Data Architect & Manager is responsible for designing and implementing BI software and systems, including ensuring successful integration with databases and data warehouses. Related activities include: selecting, blueprinting, gathering requirements, designing, and rolling out BI solutions to end users.
Responsibilities also include managing direct reports and leading other team members in the latest technology developments in BI and supporting the growth of CDS Global.
* Maintains confidentiality of CDS Global and its clients’ proprietary information.
* Manages the Business Intelligence modelers, analysts and database administrators.
* Leads the integration efforts for merging BI platforms with enterprise systems and applications.
* Responsible for the design of the enterprise semantic layer and metadata.
* Evaluates and recommends database/data warehouse components (i.e. hardware, rdbms software), ETL software, metadata management tools and database design solutions.
* Responsible for developing an enterprise data model and helping to lead the rationalization of the various BI and data platforms.
* Responsible for chartering a BI Competency Center and coming up with an enterprise data vision, standards, metadata, data quality approach, etc.
* Creates ETL design specifications.
* Participates in integration testing of solution that involves database, OLAP, and reporting components in addition to ETL.
* Facilitates user requirement discussions with the business and drive architecture and design.
* Serves as liaison between the IT organization and business groups and/or the operations teams in order to translate reporting requirements into optimized data structures.
* Reviews and explores source data as it relates to business concepts as well as how it relates to other data elements.
* Interviews data stewards/experts
* Maps data from original source to the BI database layer to the presentation database layer and communicates/documents that to the ETL Designer.
* Ability to model data into a database design (i.e. star schema, snowflake schema, data vault, 3rd normal form, etc.)
* Leads and mentors existing staff on database modeling techniques.
* Works with business users/product managers to create or review analytic requirement’s documents and translate into technical solutions.
* Coordinates with Project Managers and participates in project planning.
* Works with Product Manager to understand priorities and manage teams back log.
* Performs troubleshooting and provides resolutions to reporting issues.
* Develops and maintains short and long-range plans.
* Develops and administers departmental budget.
* Reviews and authorizes departmental expenditures.
* Manages personnel administration including staffing, compensation, training, performance evaluations, and employee relations.
* Communicates regularly with customer departments.
* Recommends and implements new procedures, programs and/or tools to improve processes.
* Communicates regularly with management and staff.
* Interacts in cooperative and professional manner, with all levels of employees, vendors and/or clients, in team environment.
* Organizes tasks and resources to complete work and meet deadlines according to established departmental procedures.
* Follows CDS Global ergonomic and safety policies.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, MIS, or four-year related degree, and/or equivalent work related experience.
* Excellent technical design skills.
* Excelling analytical skills.
* Eight or more years experience in reporting, data warehousing, and data management.
* Four or more years of system integration experience, including hands on experience in at least four of the following areas:
* Developing strategies and data flow diagrams.
* Data lifecycle modeling.
* Working with BI/ETL/Reporting tools and processes.
* Data conversion planning.
* Data conversion testing.
* Developing capacity plans for new and existing systems.
* Performance testing and tuning databases.
* Five or more years of experience leading the design and implementation of enterprise data warehouses and large scale data marts that scale from 500 gigs to 5 TB.
* Four or more years of experience with BI techniques (Reporting, Dashboards, Scorecards, Cubes).
* Demonstrable experience in data modeling; logical, physical and dimensional modeling.
* Demonstrable high expertise in creation of Data Warehouse structures, partitions, dashboards, ETL and report models.
* Experience designing and implementing data management strategies (purge / archive).
* Familiarity with Data Dictionary, Master Data Management (MDM) techniques, OLAP cubes, data discovery, profiling and cleansing, and data governance principles.
* Four or more years of comprehensive SQL experience.
* Strong MDX (MultiDimensional Expressions) experience.
* Advanced Excel skills.
* Familiarity working with large data sets.
* Ability to grasp the link between data elements and business concepts and their relationships to one another.
* Ability to validate business use cases for accuracy and completeness of proposed solution.
* Excellent analytical skills.
* Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments effectively.
* Experience working on project teams utilizing Agile principles, practices, and methodologies preferred.
* Experience with Business Intelligence Reporting tools (WebFocus) preferred.
* Experience with RDBMS (MySQL, DB2) preferred.
* Experience with ETL tools (Pentaho, DataStage) preferred.
* Advanced PC knowledge and skills.
* Advanced verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to be both directive and collaborative.
* Ability to work autonomously.
* Presentation skills.
* Advanced/math skills.
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
89,690.00 - 143,624.00 USD