Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Project Engineer
Location: US-IA-Cedar Rapids
Requisition ID: CED00504
Cargill Corn Milling North America is a manufacturer of value-added corn and sugar based products serving the Food, Feed and Fermentation segments. From facilities in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, Tennessee and Texas, we provide a wide variety of products and services including high fructose corn syrup, corn syrups, dextrose syrups and sucrose that are used in an array of beverage, brewing, confectionery, food and pharmaceutical applications. We also produce a variety of innovative, dry corn ingredients that are used in cereals, snacks, breads, tortillas and animal feed applications. In addition, we produce fuel-grade ethanol and are a leading supplier of corn oil, acidulants, corn gluten meal and corn gluten feed products.
Cargill Corn Milling North America is seeking two highly motivated individuals interested in serving as Engineer II's at its facility located in Cedar Rapids, IA. The selected candidates will be responsible for the design, construction and start-up of capital projects.
25% - Develop various options to achieve project objectives. Develop capital budget, operating costs, and benefits for each option. Perform financial analysis on each option and select best option. Write commitment and get approval if appropriate.
20% - Process engineering including P&ID development, system throughput calculations and equipment selection, mass/material balance, and energy/utility calculations.
20% - Detailed design engineering and bid package development, principally through the use of a consulting engineering firm.
15% - Construction management, insuring adherence with safety requirements, schedule, and capital budget.
10% - Commissioning and start-up support to operations.
10% - Assist operations with production management
* Bachelor's of Science in Chemical, Mechanical, Biosystems Engineering or other engineering discipline that has a strong foundation in thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, mass/material balance and process design.
* 2 years in project engineering and/or operations supervision. Experience outside of project engineering is a plus, such as operations, PDG, and maintenance.
* High levels of organization, communication and documentation skills required to be successful.
* Demonstrated deep knowledge of one or more core processes at the location i.e. wet mill, fructose refinery, specialty starch, etc.
* 3 years in project engineering and/or operations supervision. Experience outside of project engineering is a plus, such as operations, PDG, and maintenance.
* Complete engineer-in-training program
* Knowledge of the ASAP accounting system required Ability to enter requisitions, jobs and work orders required.
* Demonstrated ability to execute large projects (nominally $1MM or more) successfully
* Demonstrated competencies in several of the key process unit operations such as evaporation, heat exchange, ion exchange, drying, etc.
* Basic competencies in energy pinch analysis, food safety, AE&I, GMP, ASME B31.3 piping design, API 650 tank construction, MOC, NFPA, and NEC.
* Cargill's Construction Project Management course, RCA training, Cargill's RCM course, OSHA 30 hour construction safety training, food safety training.
Cargill is an EEO/AA employer.