Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Associate Director, SWINE BIO R&D
Location: Americas-United States-Iowa-Ames
Provide technical leadership to the swine focused on overall direction of projects and applications of the appropriate technical methods and applications toward product licensure and/or research efforts.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Technical expertise should include but not be limited to PCR, Western Blots, SDS Page, Cell Culture, animal models (swine preferred), cloning, bioreactors, and protein expression and purification.
* Coordinate and facilitate communications, interactions, and technology transfer between BI R&D and other BI functional teams (assay, BPF, clinical, regulatory, molecular) with emphasis on moving research projects into development and efficient development of projects toward product licensure and commercial sale.
* Network across industry, university, and governmental agencies relative to BI related projects and technical interests.
* Should have a proven track record in project management and product licensure
* Serve as a point of contact with swine R&D and the swine sales and marketing team including corporate linkages and focus on global swine vaccine efforts.
* Ensure the technical quality and supervision of swine R&D activities as well as compliance and regulatory acceptance at the USDA and EU levels.
* Support the personal development and job related training of the swine R&D team
* Must provide strategic leadership and direction to the US swine team and coordinate project activities across the BI R&D sites including Hannover and China.
* 4 to 6 years of Leadership experience
* Doctoral degree (e.g. PhD, MD) with a Veterinary focusAND/ORProfessional Training in Biology
* Position requires excellent leadership and communication skills and the ability to assess, assemble and coordinate technical efforts into an effective plan focused on product development and registration. Individual must have a strong understanding of swine diseases and production and their relevance to vaccine development.
* 5-7 minimum in microbiology, virology, or a clinical science.
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
* Must be willing to submit to a background investigation, including verification of your past employment, criminal history, and educational background
* Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
* Must be 18 years of age or older
Boehringer Ingelheim is a different kind of pharmaceutical company, a privately held company with the ability to have an innovative and long term view. Our focus is on scientific discoveries that improve patients' lives and we equate success as a pharmaceutical company with the steady introduction of truly innovative medicines. Boehringer Ingelheim is the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world's 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations. At Boehringer Ingelheim, we are committed to delivering value through innovation. Employees are challenged to take initiative and achieve outstanding results. Ultimately, our culture and drive allows us to maintain one of the highest levels of excellence in our industry. Boehringer Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Roxane Inc., Roxane Laboratories Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim Chemicals, Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica Inc. and Ben Venue Laboratories Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Boehringer Ingelheim is firmly committed to ensuring a safe, healthy, productive and efficient work environment for our employees, partners and customers. As part of that commitment, Boehringer Ingelheim conducts pre-employment background investigations and drug screenings.null